In Brief: Library Fundraising, Summerfest, Summer Movie Series, Golf Outing & More
The Penn Hills Library Foundation will be offering a concert with the River City Brass Ensemble playing homeland-themed selections.
The event will take place from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. on June 27 in the library’s upper parking lot.
Donations are $ 25 per car and only 45 spaces are available. Tickets can only be purchased at the Library Loan Desk from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Payment can be made in cash or by check to the Penn Hills Library Foundation.
There will be food and drink available for purchase, and a raffle will be offered. Arrive early so the concert can start on time. Cars can arrive from 2:30 p.m.
The rainy date is from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. on June 29 with an arrival time from 5:30 p.m.
For more information, call Meryl Thomas at 412-242-3261.
The 6th annual Summerfest will be held August 7 from 6 to 9 p.m. at Friendship Park.
Take part in a fun community event with music, food trucks, a petting zoo and a free activity area for kids.
The Zambelli fireworks will follow at 9:20 p.m.
Summer film series
The Penn Hills summer film series unfolds, with the films starting at dusk. Participation in the event is free each month.
The Rolling Hills Church will provide free snacks. Films to show:
• June 4: “Croods 2” at Penn Hills Park
• July 9: “Tom & Jerry” at Universal Park
• August 13: “Godzilla vs. Kong” at Friendship Park
• September 10: “Spongebob: Sponge on the Run” at Friendship Park
Celebrity Golf Classic
Larry Richert of KDKA Radio will host the 20th Annual Celebrity Golf Classic at the Longue Vue Golf Club in Verona on June 4 to benefit the American Cancer Society.
Some of the participating local celebrities include Kevin Colbert, Rocky Bleier, Donnie Iris, Steve Blass, Phil Bourque, Jimmy Krenn and Jay Caufield.
Check-in begins at 10 a.m. with a rifle departure at 11:30 a.m. Cocktails, dinner and awards accompanied by music by Zig Daniels will follow.
To register for the event, visit acspaw.ejoinme.org/larryrichertgolf.
Carolyn Michelle Dismond holds an MBA from the University of Maryland Global Campus. The university organized a virtual start on May 15 for more than 5,500 graduates of the 2021 class.
Neighborhood garage sale
The Crescent Hills neighborhood will be holding a neighborhood-wide garage sale from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on June 12. Many neighborhood houses will participate. See the Crescent Hills Civic Association Facebook page for more information.
The Penn Hills High School class of 1976 will hold their 45th reunion June 25-27.
There will be a dinner buffet at 7 p.m. on June 25 at the Comfort Inn Grand Ballroom, 180 Gamma Drive. Tickets are $ 45 each until May 21. Rooms are $ 80 each at the group rate.
On June 26, the class will meet from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Rosedale Beach Club, 5407 Third St., to swim and socialize.
Non-members can enter as guests for $ 5. No tickets or advance reservations are necessary.
On June 27 there will be a live band and cash bar at Fox Chapel Baja Club from 1 p.m. to 6 p.m.
The Nieds Hotel Band, a group with roots in Penn Hills, will be hosting a fundraiser. A voluntary donation is suggested at the door.
Women’s business network
The Women’s Business Network is an award-winning business association that supports the success and growth of women in business. All professional women are welcome to attend a meeting free of charge. Many meetings are held virtually, please check with the local representative for more information. To learn more, visit www.wbninc.com.
• The Monroeville Chapter holds meetings the second and fourth Wednesdays of each month from 8:15 am to 9:30 am. The June meetings will be held June 9 and 23. For more information, call Chapter Representative Susan Patchin at 724-261-7871.
• The Allegheny Valley Section meets the first and third Tuesday of each month at 8:00 am. Meetings in June are June 3 and 17. To RSVP or for more information, contact Susan Kinger at 412-782-4848 or [email protected]
• The All Virtual Chapter holds meetings via Zoom on the first and third Wednesday of each month from 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm The next meeting is June 16th. For more information, contact Chapter Representative Jennifer Pasquale at 412-908-1663.