Billionaire honeymoon planner shares craziest demands
- Billionaire honeymoons are out of this world, especially when it comes to their requests.
- Writer Brandon presser recently spent time with luxury travel consulting Ovation Holidays, according to an article he wrote for Bloomberg, and it was a revealing glance at the whims of the wealthy.
- Some of the craziest requests involve storing a minibar with 16 different condoms and rebuilding a Caribbean beach outside a couple’s villa after it was destroyed by a storm for $ 50,000.
This is exactly what writer Brandon Presser did for an article for Bloomberg, in which he gained first-hand experience in organizing honeymoons for the rich, for better or for worse.
As the mastermind behind honeymoon planning for the richest people in the world, Ovation Vacations charges a minimum of $ 20,000 to plan a honeymoon, but it doesn’t take long for the bill to go up – especially when a private theft is involved, writes Pressler. On an average 2.78 week trip, accommodation typically costs $ 1,950 a night, he says.
“We will do anything for our clients as long as it is legal in the country they are visiting, “Ovation Vacations president Jack Ezon told Press.
Squeeze does the math: With over 200 honeymoons a year at an average of $ 20,000 per trip, Ovation Vacations plans nearly $ 1 million in honeymoons each month.
But some trips alone exceed that – like a month $ 1.85 million yacht trip in the Indian Ocean and a 45-day $ 1.62 million tour from Oceania to the Mediterranean for a royal couple.
But planning such luxurious honeymoons also means earning generous tips. Ezon told Presser that those tips came in the form of $ 100,000 checks and Hermes handcuffs, to name a few.
If there’s one thing Presser has learned during his brief experiences arranging a meeting with the Pope for a client and coordinating an international flight for a sheikh bird, it’s that billionaires have unique demands for post-nuptial perfection – requests that involve jumping through lots of hoops to meet.
Ezon and the Ovation Vacations team have shared countless stories with Presser. Here are some of the craziest requests they’ve made:
- Stocking a minibar with 16 different types of condoms for a new husband
- Renovating a hotel bathroom’s granite sink by raising it seven inches for $ 40,000, so that a TV actress doesn’t have to bend down to wash her face for a five-month stay. nights
- Rebuilding a Caribbean beach in front of a couple’s villa after it was destroyed by a storm for $ 50,000
- Hiring German clinicians to provide intravenous vitamin B-12 solutions for champagne hangovers at a cost of $ 2,250 per day
- First Class Suite Booking $ 21,055 on Emirates and Etihad Transatlantic Flights for Falcons (Birds)
- Organize a meeting with Vladimir Putin